We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC in August 2013

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
NYC in August 2013

Hi looking for holiday in NYC for 5 nights August 2013, reasonably priced, I know NYC is not cheap. £600-£800 for 5 nights, nice location.

Is August a good time to travel, weather wise and price wise?

When is the best time to start looking to book?

Thanks

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC in August 2013

Look on the upper left side of this forum.

NYC hotels add on approx. 15% hotel tax to your stay.

August is hot humid I would prefer Sept after labor day holiday.

Labor day is first Monday in Sept.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC in August 2013

is that budget for the hotel only? August is one of the cheaper times to come but I think you will not get good prices this far out. Best thing to do is book something that is cancellable with no penalty

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC in August 2013

August is hot and humid in NYC plus frequent thunder showers. So, pack some rain gear and umbrella with your clothes:)

• Average High: 83°F (28°C)

• Average Low: 69°F (21°C)

Due to heat and humidity, some people keep away from visits so the first half of the August is a good time to get visits the NYC at cheap rates than later year (If you don’t mind heat). You may have to drink plenty of water in August while visiting NYC. May be you find cheap rates and hot deals in August but you may have to spend additional money on Taxis because the subways and streets are uncomfortable. But if you can bear heat then I think it won’t be an issue for you.

July’s weather is bearable than August, however May is more appealing in NYC.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
288 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC in August 2013

We visited New York last August for 5 nights...this was at the end of the month. We attended the US Open for the first two days & it was warm, but not what I'd call hot or unbearable during the day & chilly at night! Of course I am from the south so we're used to hot & humid! We paid slightly less than $1000 for 5 nights in an executive King room at the Radisson Lexington Hotel (which is no longer a Radisson). I don't think we booked our hotel until around April....so like the poster above said, book something you can cancel now and keep looking for a bargain.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,364 posts
1,844 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC in August 2013

We went last August and found the weather fabulous. As for a budget, the key is finding good flight prices. As its school summer holidays in the UK, you might that they are slightly inflated.

6. Re: NYC in August 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 07:16