We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucky Guy

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Lucky Guy

Okay, this is probably such a stupid question, but ....

I think I'd really like to go see this play, can anyone tell me what the chances are of this show coming up at the TKTS?

http://www.luckyguyplay.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lucky Guy

Unless it gets terrible reviews or Tom Hanks drops out, I would not expect to see it at TKTS.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lucky Guy

I agree with Crans but it is very possible that there will be discount codes available on broadwaybox.com and/or at TKTS during previews which generally run 4-6 weeks before opening date. Of course, with a name like Tom Hanks all bets are off.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lucky Guy

Yeah, I sorta knew that ^_^

I'll buy me a ticket in advance then.

Murrieta
Level Contributor
2 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lucky Guy

I received an email directly from telecharge a few weeks ago and paid $127 each for orchestra tickets on March 7. Loved the play. Had a great time. Go!

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lucky Guy

ah, i have a ticket in my pocket ^_^

Rancho Palos...
Level Contributor
1 post
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lucky Guy

I was able to get a single ticket at around 11:30am for that day's matinee. $152, orchestra, 5th row, center section. Well worth the money. The entire cast was amazing, including Tom. The show is still in previews, glad I was able to see it. The guy at the box office, said tickets were selling like hot cakes.

Level Contributor
2,364 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lucky Guy

Is this play ok for teens? My teen and tween are interested in theater and would love to see Tom Hanks.

Level Contributor
2,364 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lucky Guy

Just wanted to circle back if anyone has seen this and if they thought it was ok for teens? Thanks

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Lucky Guy

I paid full price for tickets in June just because I didn't want to run the risk of missing out on Tom Hanks on Broadway.

southampton
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lucky Guy

In reply to the post: "Just wanted to circle back if anyone has seen this and if they thought it was ok for teens?"

I went to see this on Wednesday, and loved it; but it does have some strong language (f*** words etc) and reference to a brutal attack (allegedly!) on a prisoner by police which is retold factually in pretty graphic terms (not pleasant to listen to even as a fiftysomething!), so read up on the synopsis to make a judgement re the content.

The play itself covers being a journalist over 20 or so years, so the storyline itself may not grip a younger person, depending on their interests. I would judge that the audience itself was a more mature one, perhaps as a result of the nature of the story, or perhaps because of the cost of the tickets.... full price, even the day before (but seats were in the 5th row from the front in the centre - brilliant!).

Tom Hanks was a joy to watch, and together with the other actors were all very watchable and carried the audience along completely with them; the theatre is quite intimate, which adds to the atmosphere of inclusivity.

So right for teens/tweens? That might depend on your views of parental control/censorship and their worldliness - apart from those points, I don't think my children at that age would have found the content very interesting, even with the lure of Mr Hanks in the title role.

I hope that helps?!

Edited: 23 March 2013, 16:44