We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eats

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
785 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Eats

Before arriving on previous visits to New York I always used the menupages.com site to get some general ideas for places to eat. With only 28 sleeps till we arrive I'm having problems accessing that site (if it still exists). Does anyone know whats happened to it? or is it simply my lack of computing skills? Is there some better website to use for researching restaurants?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eats

it is still working for me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eats

Working here too, You tried the app Too??

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
785 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eats

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Even tried following a link to the site that was included in a post on this forum only 10 days ago and still couldn't load their page.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eats

opentable, yelp and chowhound are also decent options

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eats

If you are primarily interested in the user reviews, Yelp is much better than Menupages in that it has many more users and vastly more restaurants listed.

http://www.yelp.com/nyc

New York Magazine owns and operates Menupages; if you look at their restaurant listings --

http://nymag.com/restaurants/

-- you'll see that they have menus in many cases. Just picking one at random from their page, you can see that there is a tab along the top that says "Menu":

nymag.com/listings/restaurant/kin-shop/

Another nice thing about NY Mag is that if their critics reviewed a restaurant, that review or a abridged version of it appears in the listing.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eats

Hey Pancho - Good to see you back.

I am a Yelper. It is my go to site to find out about food in NYC. For example, I needed to find a good Polish restaurant for a group outing. I asked someone from my office who lived in Greenpoint and she knew of one, but did not know the name. By punching in a neighborhood and type of cuisine I was able to easily locate what I was searching for. The comments told me that it was a good place to check out. The photos made my mouth water.

Crans gave you the Yelp link.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
785 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eats

Thanks for the links.

Still can't get onto menupages. Gettin a bit more stubborn with age, and just don't like when I can't make something that I'm already familiar with work for me.

Having a good look around the yelp site. Some good info there.

Thanks.

8. Re: Eats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:17