We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark airport to Crowne Plaza Times Square

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newark airport to Crowne Plaza Times Square

We are traveling in may 4 adult with 4 cases. I thought Taxi as there are 4 of us?

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark airport to Crowne Plaza Times Square

Taxi at Newark Airport is not such a good idea - they're not NYC taxi's and they don't always know their way around Manhattan.

Best to prearrange a sedan with a trusted company like Dial 7 or All State. I've always had the best luck with All State - www.allstatelimo.com - +1 212 333 3333. Dial 7 is most recommended on the forum. www.dial7.com - +1 212 777 7777. For four people, I'd suggest you step it up from a sedan to something like a GMC Yukon (SUV) with All State.

There is also a bus - www.newarkairportexpress.com - the stop is a 5 - 7 minute walk from your hotel.

The rail link is a very good option too. AirTrain Newark to NJ Transit into NY Penn Station. You can either take a taxi or the subway from Penn Station to the hotel.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,201 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark airport to Crowne Plaza Times Square

In my experience, traffic jam at rush hour can take a while .... if you arrive around rush hour, taking the train might be the better option

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark airport to Crowne Plaza Times Square

Hey Clare197130:-) I agree with Meyem.. coming from EWR, you may find lots of traffic..especially heading through the tunnel whether rush hour or not;-) Airtrain to NJTransit is good way to go to avoid any backups.. the run itself into NY Penn Station takes about 20-25 traffic free minutes.. and no getting lost since you'd be getting off at the last stop at NYC Penn Station:-) It costs $12.50 person so you're looking at $50. total for the 4 of you;-)

As far as car service, you may also want to check with Carmel Car Service.. www.carmellimo.com/ 212-666-6666 locally, or can even wait and use one of the courtesy phones right there at the airport once you're done with formalities/luggage retreival .. they have cars waiting there and when I've used them, never waited more than about 10 min.. they've been around eons.. been using them for decades now.. never a problem;-) Happy planning.. and enJOY!

Edited: 10 January 2013, 16:53
London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark airport to Crowne Plaza Times Square

Thanks for all your great info. I never asked a question on TA before so glad I did. This is our first time to NYC so have 5 months of planning and research to do. Sooooooooo excited. Thanks again :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newark airport to Crowne Plaza Times Square

You're welcome:-) Planning is half the fun;-) Keep enJOYin'!

6. Re: Newark airport to Crowne Plaza Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 06:17