We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweet 16 suprise

Salem, Alabama
3 posts
Save Topic
Sweet 16 suprise

I'm planning my daughter a trip to NYC for her 16 birthday. We are going to get her license that morning and then I going to tell her we are going shopping in Atlanta. When we arrive in Atlanta I plan on giving her a gift and telling her to open the gift and what is on the shirt is where we are going shopping. I purchased a awesome NYC shirt........

The question I have is we are staying in time square and I want to make the night of her birthday GREAT. I read a post about At the Hershey Store, stop by the marquis desk and have her name put up on the marquis, but i'm looking for a resturant that will really make her night special. Maybe a local place that will make the night every special. I want great ideas of places i can go that will make this night a night to remember forever. we plan on going to the top of the empire stat building. we arrive at Laguardia at 5:00 pm on Friday and we fly out at 6:00 on Sunday..short trip i know but she does not want to miss any school and she must get her license on her bday so i had to book a flight late enough to insure we had time to do that.

please help me with this. i want this to be the best birthday ever. there is 4 of us, 2 boys but they know they hve to do some shopping.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Corner Bookstore
Gift & Speciality Shops
kate spade
Gift & Speciality Shops
Zabar's
Gift & Speciality Shops
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,401 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweet 16 suprise

You'd have to provide a lot more information to get decent help. What kind of food does she like? Does it have to be in Times Square (most locals try to avoid it except to go to the theater). Budget?

I'll also say flights tend to get delayed on Fridays, esp. late in the day. I wouldn't book anything for that night that requires prepaying. If you're thinking of going to the theater, I'd do that on Sat. either matinee or evening.

Toloache is a good Mexican restaurant that's fun not far from Times Square. Don Antonio is a trendy-ish pizza place near Times Square.

What about a brunch or dinner cruise on Sat.?

bateauxnewyork.com

Salem, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweet 16 suprise

She loves Pizza... I was thinking in the Time Square area because that is where we are statying and since we are arriving later in the day we would stay around that area Friday night. We have ticketsfor the 9/11 memorial Sat mornin @ 10:30 and we would like to take her to see WICKED.

She has no idea, but she always talks about wanting to ship at Macy's and Victoria Secrets in NYC so that is a must. Budget is not so much an issue, now do i want ot spen all my money on food? no, but a cool local pizza place in Time Square would be nice. I was thinking of having some cup cakes ordered and delivered to the hotel shaped as a "16". The dinner cruise is a cool idea, how long does it last and where does it go?

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweet 16 suprise

John's Pizza on West 44th Street would be a good option for great pizza in a cool atmosphere. It is in a converted church building, so there decor is very cool - lots of stained glass and a high, domed ceiling.

Salem, Alabama
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweet 16 suprise

thanks for the input. i think she would like that alot.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 22:52
5. Re: Sweet 16 suprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 06:17