We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

Carbonear, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

Hey all, my friend snagged great discounted tickets to the Lion King last spring, through Travelzoo. They attended the show in November but had booked several months before (I have no idea whether the schedule of available shows was limited or not). Just wondering if anyone knows whether such a deal is regularly available through Travelzoo? It is not currently posted but perhaps it comes up at certain times of the year? We travel in July and are willing to wait a bit, but not too long, before booking tickets. Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,055 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

Your friends were lucky! I wasn't aware there were ever discounts for The Lion King. I wouldn't rely on discounts, and would book now.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
258 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

Did your friend see it on Broadway or in another city?

Carbonear, Canada
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

Yes, Broadway. She thinks she booked around March, for the November show. Yes, very lucky. I was the one who sent her the link but alas, nothing has come up yet that I can use myself! We will be in the city from July 1-7th. What is the absolute latest I should wait to book? We'd like mid-range seats, not the cheapest ones but not premium either.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

They do seem to offer discounts on occasion -- but it's rare. I ran across one about 3-4 years ago (and haven't seen one since, but I haven't been looking). To predict the availability of such deals, you'd have to be a mind reader or have a really good source inside Disney (and if you're that close to someone with that sort of info, you should be able to get comped!).

You can watch availability for the date(s) when you might want to see the show and then buy if & when a discount shows up or pay full price when availability seems to be dwindling.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,837 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

Lion King routinely sells almost every seat in the house at full price broadwayworld.com/grosses/THE-LION-KING -- assume that you will not get a discount and buy early to get the best seats. Your friend was lucky

Edited: 22 January 2013, 16:55
Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

There happens to be a short-term Broadway Week 2-for-1 week coming up Jan 22-Feb 7 2013:

http://www.nycgo.com/broadwayweek

and I was surprised to see both Wicked and Lion King on the list. But they "instantly" sold out their allocation for that discount. It's just like airline and hotel discounts.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
258 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

I've never seen the Lion King but my friend has and suggests, particularly is you have kids, that you try and get orchestra seats close to the aisle as the characters parade by at the beginning!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

There isn't many discounts giving out for the shows so you should just buy them as soon as you can.

9. Re: Lion King show -Travelzoo discount

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 07:18