We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Plymouth
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Following on from NYNM's thread...

People who have travelled to NYC before - is there anything you did on your first trip that you wouldn't bother with again on a subsequent one?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

- South Street Seaport

- Times Square

rhyl, north wales
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Eat at Chevys Mexican!!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island.

It was great the first time around but I have no desire to visit again.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

would not pre-book broadway shows for so many nights of my stay- too restrictive.

wouldn't bother eating Junior's Cheescake again (sorry to all Junior's lovers)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

spend as much time in Manhattan

pa
Level Contributor
562 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

This has been my regret...but next visit, it is Manhattan again...its the kids, what can I say...

Where do you wish you would have spent your time?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

If I went alone I would never step foot in Times Square ever again. The problem with taking new people is they want to see it. Even my 16 year old has said now she has seen it, she doesn't want to go there again.

DItto on South street seaport.

Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

@LVMManchester, 100% Your right, For years I worked outdoors in Manhattan and I always found myself giving directions to tourists and I would tell them all the time to get out of Manhattan if you want to see "Real New York City". Go to Nieghboorhoods, hit the outter boroughs, Meet The Locals!!!!!!! Am I really getting a feel for London if I walk around Big Ben all day? I was in London last summer, saw big, asked the Police Officer what time it was while he was standing under big Ben (Taking the Pi$$), Saw the Palace, Picture in front of Scotland Yard, Changing of the Guard than spent the next 5 days as far away from the tourist trail as possible. I went to a Spurs match, walked around the East End, had pints in Pubs, hit deep South London, rode my friends bike all over the city, meet locals and had a great time. I made it to the West End, walked a bit and again had pint pit stops, meet locals, ate local foods and had a great time. And Contrary to popular thought, actual New Yorkers are very friendly. Times Square may be in New York City but it's not "Real New York".

Belfast
Level Contributor
489 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Rickshaw ride round Central Park. I felt like I should get out and walk as the guy struggled and his English was poor.

London, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

^ ''I went to a Spurs match''

Oh dear! I bet that's one thing you'll never, ever do again. Surely there must of been a 1001 better things to do in London? Given the choice, I'd rather lick the stairwell of an east end tower block.