We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Plymouth
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Following on from NYNM's thread...

People who have travelled to NYC before - is there anything you did on your first trip that you wouldn't bother with again on a subsequent one?

New York City
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

South Street Seaport is a waste, Its a bunch of tourist trap shops

Not even cool to people watch

Sweden
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

I have avoided posting here because I've figured that it's likely that I'd return to most places I've been to again, even the tourist traps.

The one thing I might (though it's likely I'd give it a try again in the end) not visit again is Williamsburg. I know many of you like it, but for me it's been the most boring place I've visited on both my trips. Not quite my kind of ambience. Perfectly safe but perfectly dull. ;)

Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Max, I hate williamsburg and I hate the Hipsters that moved in there, pushed out the working class people Via jacked up rents and ruined a fantastic old Brooklyn Blue Collar Nieghborhood. There is nothing Brooklyn or New York about Williamsburg anymore.

Sweden
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

*nods* As a tourist, with my travelling preferences, I much preferred both Brooklyn Heights and Park Slope over Williamsburg.

pa
Level Contributor
547 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

What is there to do or places to visit in the outside boroughs ?

What us it about Chelsea Market that is a waste ?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Coney island

Baseball stadiums

Panorama

great food

Meseum of moving image

Brooklyn bridge

Usta tennis centre

Barclays centre

Great bars and restaurants

That's just for starters!

Jersey, Channel...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

i would never ever go to Ellen's Stardust Diner again even if you paid me. Nasty overpriced food, so very loud its hard to even ave a conversation and the place inside is just very rundown....

Jersey, Channel...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

Oh China Town I wouldn't go to again either.... it was horrible and so unlike other 'china-towns' around the world

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

I agree re: negatives of Williamsburg. As a Brooklyn Native, born there a long time ago, I see Williamsburg as not Brooklyn at all. Or even New York at all. Most are transplants from other places, some are trust funders, often they are insular and self-referential, "creating" Williamsburg as a sort of "privileged slum". Over-hyped as "cool" by those who live there.

If you want to see Brooklyn, see Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights, even Bedford-Stuyvesant. Try Coney Island, Brighton Beach. Even Sheepshead Bay, Manhattan Beach, Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Flatbush, Sunset Park, etc. etc.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Brooklyn_neighbo…

Pailsey, Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
60. Re: Is there anything you wouldn't do again?

I wouldnt do the 9/11 memorial. I felt it was ruined by the tourists who were having smiley/happy holiday photos taken with the memorial pools.