We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Package holiday from UK.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Package holiday from UK.

Hi. My cousin and I are looking to visit New York. We would like to fly out from Manchester UK. Can anyone tell us who is one of the best travel companies to book with and the more affordable ones! Is it possible to do this as a package? Thanks.

Stoke On Trent
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Package holiday from UK.

We have Been to New York 3 times ,We used Thomas Cook first 2 times but found Expedia For the Hotel and booking direct with United Airlines and flying from Manchester to newark much cheaper the 3rd time, I will do the same the next time we go.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,970 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Package holiday from UK.

Pkgs are not always cheapest. Look at airfare on

Kayak.com

Look at hotels there and pn

Quikbook.bom

Picking dates that are less expensive is the best way to pay less. Hotel prices fluctuate wildly based on supply and demand. Now thru March/April is much less. Look at current hotel deals on

Travelzoo.com

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Package holiday from UK.

Ive just organised a week in NYC for my hubbys 40th, i did it all off the net, booked direct with the hotel and also booked directly with united airlines 1 week flying from manchester to newark with hotel £1500, i didnt think that was bad at all, hope this helps.

Lorraine

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Package holiday from UK.

I agree with the advice given. Packages are not the best way to book a visit to New York. Booking the flights and hotels yourself can be far cheaper and will give you far more options.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Package holiday from UK.

New York isn't a package holiday destination. Places like Tenerife are.

Book a flight - Kayak to find the best prices, United or American Airlines fly direct from Manchester.

Book a hotel - Quikbook to find a decent hotel, deals on travelzoo too. Book either through Quikbook or the hotel directly.

Travel Insurance - It's a must!

M

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Package holiday from UK.

Id recommend trying www.letsgo2.com. for my upcoming trip they worked out cheaper than booking flights and hotel separately (which is what I normally do)

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Package holiday from UK.

If you are not confident about booking your own flights, the only people I would ever recommend is http://www.trailfinders.com , and they do not charge credit card charges! I would start with them get an idea of flights and hotel, then check on the airlines and hotels own websites to see if cheaper.

Deb

lancs
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Package holiday from UK.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Usually we do beach holidays which are so simple to arrange. Will have a look at all the suggestions you have offered us. Would it be easy enough for us to take a taxi from the airport or would that be very expensive? Im aware that some of the airports are nearer to the city than others.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Package holiday from UK.

there is loads of information about getting around; start by working through the 'top questions' section on the left of this page. 'how do i get from the airport' is at the top of the list! but getting back to your original question:

if you want a short trip - 3 or 4 nights - then a package of flight and accommodation is often the cheapest way to do it. check out virgin holidays and british airways holidays. you may also find that some of the u.s. based airlines do these deals as well. we have seen hotel included short breaks for only a few pounds more than the airfare. but check out the hotels here before you book.

if you are going for a week or more, then usually booking indepedantly is cheaper. but there are big pitfalls. many 'hotels', even some of those listed on this site, are illegal. so, before booking, you might want to post your shortlist on here to ask for advice.

pam

Pailsey, Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Package holiday from UK.

We have booked a package with British Airways - I just couldnt get it cheaper booking direct as the flights I wanted were more than the package!!