We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Package holiday from UK.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Package holiday from UK.

Hi. My cousin and I are looking to visit New York. We would like to fly out from Manchester UK. Can anyone tell us who is one of the best travel companies to book with and the more affordable ones! Is it possible to do this as a package? Thanks.

Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Package holiday from UK.

We arrive on Thanksgiving Day (presumably a more expensive time to go) for 5 days, I was around £2200 for both of us. Flying with British Airways and staying at the Roosevelt Hotel with transfers included. We had looked at other ways and packages and this was the best deal for that time of year.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,075 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Package holiday from UK.

Ugh, those transfers will be terrible. I seriously suggest you use another method of getting to your hotel.

And for the record, flying on Thanksgiving is usually cheaper.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Package holiday from UK.

I agree about the transfers - it will be the likes of supershuttle which will take HOURS in all probability. Public transport will be much quicker and cheaper.

That also seems expensive to me

doncaster
Level Contributor
246 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Package holiday from UK.

So if you think that's expensive where would you get it cheaper?

We paid £1900 for direct flights with BA from Manc 28th Dec - 1st Jan staying in The Gem Chelsea.

We were quite happy with the price given the time of year but I'm assuming this is also expensive too.

Even though I went through Kayak and couldn't find it cheaper

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Package holiday from UK.

I would look direct as I say

My first visit I used expedia and got a pretty good deal but havent used them since

Huddersfield England
Level Contributor
229 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Package holiday from UK.

If you look online,get a price and go to a travel agent.Tell them what you found and see if they can beat it,if not you have lost nothing.I,ve never found anything on Expedia that can't be beaten

doncaster
Level Contributor
246 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Package holiday from UK.

I found Expedia quite a bit more expensive.

Doing a package saved us around £200 on going direct to airline and hotel.

Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Package holiday from UK.

I alway have found Expedia to be expensive to be honest and have always seemed to get a much better/cheaper deal by booking a package. My daughter is paying for this holiday as a gift and she was quite happy with the price and very happy with the low deposit that she had to put down. This is our first time to New York, and her first time to USA, so we just thought transfers would be a much better option - plus we dont arrive until after lunch on Thanksgiving and we didnt know whether public transport would be running or not.

North east england
Level Contributor
672 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Package holiday from UK.

I know most of the time, package deals aren't as cheap, however we booked our trip in May with Thomas cook this year for a 4-day break, flights and Hotel Affinia manhattan for approx £800 each, flying Newcastle, Heathrow to JFK, thought we got an ok deal.

London
Level Contributor
342 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Package holiday from UK.

Compare booking separately and as a package and see what works out best for you and your dates. Sometimes Ive found a package is better, sometimes not.

Go with what you are happy to pay, you'll find someone will always get a better deal and someone will always get a worse deal than you as the prices fluctuate all the time.

For instance if you go in August to New York you will find the hotels are much cheaper than other times in the year but you will pay lots more to fly from the UK as its our summer holidays so swings and roundabouts!

And then once booked, you can have all the fun planning the things you want to do. Enjoy!