We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

Have searched on here for Italian recommendations but having cross checked menus not many seem to do both pizza & steak.....most are either pizza type cafés or high brow italians that dont do pizza

Any recommendations for somewhere that's not over the top expensive?

Need to book a table for Valentines night if poss

Thanks!

Edited: 08 February 2013, 12:49
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

Steak houses are steak houses and pizzerias are pizzerias. While there may be places that do both - why not pick one or the other and go with it. But, many steak houses may be considered "over the top expensive" so check out the menu before.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

Cafe Fiorello is probably your best bet for this:

http://www.cafefiorello.com/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

Trattoria Dell 'Arte is another place with both. I like the pizza much better at Trattoria Dell 'Arte but imo both of these places are past their sell by date and neither is what I'd call romantic. Also note, neither is known for either of the things you intend ordering and you will pay top dollar at either.

menupages.com/restaurants/trattoria-dellarte/

www.menupages.com/restaurants/cafe-fiorello/

Ottomanelli's Cafe on the upper east side has both and will be a lot less expensive but still not a very romantic place.

menupages.com/restaurants/ottomanellis-cafe/

Imo, you should separate the 2 items and not try to get them in the same restaurant. There are plenty of restaurants that have pasta and steak if that's an option.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
205 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

V and T's. http://www.vtpizzeriarestaurant.com/#/menu Used to love eating there. Always got pizza, but they have an extensive menu including steaks. The menu online can be flipped open, I see. I'm hoping that this place is still open these days. You might want to give them a call and check their hours; I hope that they're still going strong.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,244 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

V&Ts is still open, but it's not in any way romantic. Great casual pizzeria, though.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

Looks like Cafe Fiorella is the winner - thanks all :)

7. Re: Need a restaurant that does decent pizza & steak - Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 05:18