We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
34 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

We realize rooms are small in NY - we are looking for the exception

Location is first priority - then quality - and good value

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

for when? how many beds?

how many nights is that budget for or is that per night?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
34 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

Mid May for 4 nights. One king bed

Budget is per night

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

Most museums are on the upper east side where there are not many hotels and the ones there are quite pricey. The Surrey and the Mark are 2 of the nicer ones. Both have very good restaurants but dont include breakfast. The Beacon on the upper west side is across the park and should fit budget but no b/f. Have you ever been to NYC? There are far better breakfasts at the corner diner than you'll find in most hotels.

The Best Western Hospitality in midtown east includes full breakfast and is one good option if it fits your budget.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

Hotel Giraffe is a nice boutique hotel that might just fit your budget. It's in a quiet area and while not close to the museums, is close to the subway.

I found the rooms comfortable and a very decent size for NYC. They provide breakfast (bagels, cereal, fruit etc. but no hot food), 24hr tea, coffee and biscuits, and wine and cheese 5pm-8pm almost every night.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

Hey 384JohnC:-) You may also want to check Hotel Wales for you dates.. conveniently located on Madison Avenue on 93rd Street.. a stone's throw from the Gugenheim, Met, etc., on a great block with loads of restaurants.. there's even a Sarabeth's right there.. next door.. for breakfast if you so choose but believe the Hotel offers breakfast:-) Happy planning.. and enJOY!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

I usually agree with Litsa but can't back the Wales for people who are willing to spend $400/night. It's not in good condition and hasn't been well maintaned. Check the reviews and look at photos of the rooms.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93625-R…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

I've never been inside but pass the place all the time.. lots of limos pulling in/out.. and I admit I've never read the reviews! Figure anyone scouting for a property will check out reviews on all under consideration.. so having said that, with OP's priorities, location sure can't be beat;-) As far as quality and good value, I'd assume the reviews would provide enough info and OP can make a personal call;-) Keep enJOYin' all!

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

Essex House or Warwick

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
34 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

I chose Warwick. Thank you

10. Re: Hotel Advice - up to $400 Close to Museums - Breakfast inclu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 06:18