We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

pa
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

We are coming to ice skate and were planning on Wollman...however they have a spectator fee for mom and dad so it makes it kindof expensive.

Wollman for the 3 kids is:$71.00 total for skates and spectator fee

Bryant park is ($42.00 but $75.00 VIP)

Which should we choose for this weekend. Wollman is less expensive on a Monday but I believe because of MLK on Monday it will be the same.

Is the VIP for Bryant Park worth it?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

I wouldnt assume Wollman will have weekend prices on Monday. It says nothing about holiday prices. I'd phone and ask. Wollman is much bigger and more of a real skating experience imo. Hve no idea what a VIP ticket at BP includes. Do you??? Does it say on their website?

pa
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

I think the VIP just means you don't have to stand in line...

I called Wollman and they said that Monday (Presidents Day) is a weekend price.... the spectator charge adds on $10....

Edited: 14 February 2013, 14:40
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

Take the kids to both places when you get here and let them decide one or the other. Or just take them to Bryant Park if that's what you want to do. I think a lot depends on how good they are at skating. If they aren't very good, the smaller rink at BP may be fine. If they're quite good, they may think BP is a waste of time.

pa
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

I noticed that at Bryant Park they have a on line VIP for $20.00, so that includes skates and bag check...so really that is only only $6.00 more for the VIP than renting skates alone....Wollman looks bigger and better for $11.00 more..I just hope there isn't a wait there....

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,407 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

Monday is Washington's Birthday, not MLK Day.

I would anticipate a wait at any rink, given that all of the kids are out of school.

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,876 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

Hmmm..we were there last Jan. and just walked up the railing at Bryant Park and watched people skate. I don't understand the spectator fee there.

pa
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

I meant Presidents Day....I caught that after I couldn't edit... :)

pa
Level Contributor
523 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

The spectator fee is for Wollman, not Bryant...still kindof crazy.

Edited: 14 February 2013, 15:26
9. Re: VIP for Bryant Park or Wollman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:17