We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wifi in new york

London, United...
Level Contributor
471 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
wifi in new york

I know this is an odd question but can anyone help with some information please. I really want to take my samsung tab to new york. I need to check that I will be able to connect to the wifi when there.

Or is there something I have to buy or change on the tab to make this possible.

Queanbeyan...
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wifi in new york

If the Samsung has built in wireless then you will be able to connect to any wifi around the world.

If you are looking for free wifi then no doubt the thousands of Starbucks around the place will offer it as well as heaps of other places.

England
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wifi in new york

I head for Starbucks, suits my needs, if not my coffee tastes. Also there are quite a few "open" free wi- fi hotspots. Google it.

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wifi in new york

Hola.

Yes, Starbucks locations usually have stable Internet connections....we depended on them for the week following "Hurricane Sandy" and are forever grateful!!

That said, we have found Verizon to be the provider with the best coverage for our needs for voice, text and Internet in NYC and, consequently, when we absolutely must have a SECURE email connection, we carry a Verizon “hotspot” with us where ever we go. It is a paid service.

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Edited: 15 February 2013, 00:10
London, United...
Level Contributor
471 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wifi in new york

Thanks good news. I thought that would be the case but just wanted to check.

We have free wifi at our hotel so that problem is solved

5. Re: wifi in new york

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 05:17