We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

HI. I will be in NY in June with a group of 40 guests. My son is graduating med school and we are going up (from Miami) for his graduation.

I would prefer a place in which i can agree on a fixed menu with a previously fixed price. My budget is about $50 per person, not including bar, tax and tip.

Since I cannot go in person to check out the place, I will have to rely on pictures and reviews.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,157 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

The restaurants in the BRGuest Group excel at exactly that sort of thing. Their restaurants include Blue Water Grill and Blue Fin, among others. Google them and you'll find instructions for requesting a proposal.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

Hey BebaFlorida.. and Congrats;-) There are many places to fit the bill.. do you have any cuisine preference in mind?;-) To get the ball rolling, you may want to check out www.loirestaurant.com/ Relatively new place specializing in Greek fare.. last time there, there was a group of 40 in a private dining area.. they seemed to be enjoyin'!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

I'm going to eagerly watch the responses to this question as I annually have a dinner for 30 plus people in the city and my boss always is watching the budget. ; ) We went to Mario Batalli's Otto www.mariobatali.com/restaurants_otto.cfm last summer and everyone enjoyed it. We had more food than we could deal with and it came in on budget, which if I recall is close to what you're looking for. Downside was that we were not in a separate room. We all were grouped together and we did do a set menu. Check out what they can do.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,426 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

You don't say whether you want to do lunch and dinner and that usually makes a big difference in price (lunch is always cheaper). You also don't mention ambiance, location or type of food. There are a number of sites that have lists of restaurants with private rooms. Here's one that's a booking site

http://www.opentable.com/info/banquets.aspx?m=8#state{MetroAreadID:8|CapacityList:21}

From the same website, here are graduation ideas (not necessarily private rooms

opentable.com/manhattan-graduation-party-pla…

Boston
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

We go to a restaurant named 44 1/2 ( forty four and a half ) near the theater district. I believe it's been 3 times and we' ll go back next year. Annual holiday trip . Food is amazing, everybody likes what they order. Anyway , they have an area at the rear which can be closed off from the rest of the restaurant. (glass doors ) We have seen private parties going on in there !!! Worth looking into .

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,706 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

Try Carmine's Restaurant.....the food's great and they specialize in family style dining where the food is served platter style...I 've seen some very large goups dining here...........

http://www.carminesnyc.com

Edited: 17 February 2013, 00:28
NYC, NY
Level Contributor
882 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

You may want to look at a banquet meal in Chinatown. There are a number of good options there. At that price you should be able to arrange a nice meal and one that is fun to boot. Good luck.

8. Re: Dinner in Manhattan for group of 40 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 06:17