We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sons 12th Birthday on our first day in NYC

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
397 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sons 12th Birthday on our first day in NYC

HI all. My son is turning 12 the day after we arrive in NYC from Australia in September. He is super excited about waking up in NYC for his birthday and I really want to make it a special day for him however I obviously dont know how jetlagged we will all be. We were all hopeless on our last trip to the US in 2010 to Anaheim but I was fine on my one and only trip to NYC in 2006. I dont know if it has something to do with the West to east?? Anyway I dont want to book anything but we are staying at the Salisbury so I thought we might wander down 7th avenue to Toys R us, have a look around there, I believe I can get a birthday message to him on the board on Broadway. From there up to the Hershey and M&M store. I believe I can also get his name on the Hershey board and some personalised M&M's. Then across to Rockefeller for TOTR and the Nintendo store. Depending on the time and weather I thought we might try and hang around for the night time tour of TOTR too. Maybe if its not too late and were not too exhausted we might be able to fit in FAO schwarz somewhere too. He wants New york pizza for tea and I believe there is a decent pizzieria near The salisbury called Angelos so i think we will eat there. I know this is all touristy and man made but for a little boy who loves toys, chocolates and gaming I think it will be ok.

Does anyone have any other ideas or know where I can get a cake for him? Does columbus circle wholefoods sell cakes does anyone know? Thank you in advance for any input, its greatly appreciated

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,893 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Sons 12th Birthday on our first day in NYC

I'll put in another plug for the Intrepid but it also is probably something you don't want to do on your first day there.

thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc

22. Re: Sons 12th Birthday on our first day in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 05:15