We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed - two days in NYC

Level Contributor
2 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed - two days in NYC

I have a meeting in NYC on March 9, so I'm brining my wife and 23 year old daughter for a nice weekend.

My wife and I haven't been to NY in many years, and our daughter never has been there. So, my question... For a Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, what are the "don't miss" things?

She's not big on museums. Wants to see Chinatown, maybe some garment district and village or soho...

Any ideas for us?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
140 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,013 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,395 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed - two days in NYC

Maybe you could go see Rock of Ages, a lot of parents with older teens/ young adults write back that the whole family loved it ( a lot of recognizable songs)

They have discounts here

Or cheaper (& even cooler IMO) you could go to see a real band together

A walk on the High Line after a visit to Chelsea market could be nice in the afternoon or early evening. Bowling at Bowlmore lanes could also be another evening idea.

What ever you decide to do remember to have fun!

Level Contributor
52 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed - two days in NYC

Macy's at Herald Square for shopping, see Newsies on Broadway, go to Top of the Rock- they will love all three! I just returned from NYC with my daughter and daughter- in- law.

Level Contributor
602 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed - two days in NYC

Walking tours are really fabulous and Ahoy New York Tours combines food with a walking tour of LIttle Italy and Chinatown

I think a great mother/daughter activity is tea at the Plaza hotel Quite a nice memory

Hope they have a lovely time!!

4. Re: Advice needed - two days in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 05:16