We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Of The Rock question

Helsingborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Top Of The Rock question

Should you buy tickets online prior to coming to NY? If you buy tickets on line do you really have to go on that day you choose and on that time?

Thanks.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Of The Rock question

Not necessary, when you are here and want to go, I don't think there will be any problem getting tickets.

ALJ
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Of The Rock question

You don't need to order the tickets online since it's not as busy as the ESB. However, TOTR is well organised and there's hardly been any long queues from what other people have said on this forum (and from my experience too - we turned up at 9.00am one morning and we reached the observation deck within 20 mins). If you do book online you are required to choose a day and time which is not a good idea really since you might end up on the observation deck in the pouring rain! Nevertheless, TOTR is well worth a visit!

Helsingborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Of The Rock question

Thanks alot.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Of The Rock question

If you purchase tickets in advance you have to come at the scheduled time, if you come later they will accomodate you if possible, if you come a different day you will have to apply for a refund. That said, just show up and buy tickets. If you have to wait you can go away and look around and return when scheduled.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
581 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Of The Rock question

If you preorder your tickets from their website, then change your mind as to the date and time you want to go, you can get a refund on the website. I did that, and when I saw that it might rain the day I planned to go, I got the refund, then just bought tickets when I got there for a better time.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Top Of The Rock question

I ordered my tickets online, but could not make the time slot allocated. No problen at all. Customer service at the TOTR is excellent.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top Of The Rock question

Ah, nice to know. I was just wondering about this.

Thanks!

8. Re: Top Of The Rock question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 22:16