We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from times square to new jersey

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis from times square to new jersey

Do nyc taxis go as far as new jersey? I am staying in times square and want to go to walmart and pf changs, also is it safe and can you get a taxi back? Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

you are best taking public transport or a car service

a car service wont be cheap though

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

Where in New Jersey? There is more than one Walmart and more than one PF changs in nj

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,329 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

NYC taxis are not required to take you anywhere in New Jersey other than Newark airport, and most won't. If you find a driver who will take you, the fare is whatever the two of you negotiate before you get in the car. You won't find a NYC taxi to take you back after.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

For PF Chang's, you can take a ferry from the West Side to Weehawken NJ, it's right there. For Walmart (not sure what a tourist would need there) but you can take the Hudson line of NJT to 22nd street in Bayone, then walk about 15 minutes or take a taxi. Cabs would be much more expensive.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

We want to go to walmart to get reeces candy that you cannot get in uk, sounds like it might be a bit of a headache though so we will probably take the ferry to pf changs, how far is it from ferry, a walk or a taxi and are there taxis at the ferry if we need one?

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

If you mean Reeses Candy, then you will be able to get it in Manhattan without going to New Jersey. It is readily available here in the US.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

Hershey's owns Reese's, and has a GIANT FLAGSHIP STORE in Times Square.

thehersheycompany.com/about-hershey/visit-he…

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,329 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

Now that that's cleared up, I'll tell you that if you're going to PF Chang's to eat Chinese food, we have that in New York City as well.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

Wow thanks for that jtwanderer!!! That certainly cancels our walmart trip!!! Brooklynbrdge, we wanted to go to pf changs as I know I like their food, I am not a fan generally of chinese food as in the UK its full of MSG and salt! Can you recommend a chinese like PF changs or maybe even better?? Thanks for all your help guys you are trip advisor heroes!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,329 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxis from times square to new jersey

There is plenty of good Americanized Chinese food in New York, which isn't at all like Chinese food in the UK, and which is a LOT better than PF Chang's. for something similar to PF Chang's, look at Ruby Foo's or Ollie's.