We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near United Nations? Also pre theater?

Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near United Nations? Also pre theater?

My husband and I will be in New York in a few weeks ( he is attending a conference at the UN and we will be staying nearby). I am trying to line up some restaurants for us. My parameters: a restaurant with a nice ambiance, medium pricey, almost any type of cuisine (not steak, we're from Texas, actually Austin) . I am also going to try to get some half price tickets, so I am looking for some restaurants in theater district ( this is separate from previous request). Both chez Napoleon and capital grille sound nice, although I can't seem to find info on capital grille's pre theater and price. Any good Thai restaurants in theater district? Thanks for any advice

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near United Nations? Also pre theater?

A lot of good thai on 9th ave. The best one IMO is Pure Thai but its fairly authentic so may not be to everyone's taste. For something more to the average American taste you have Wondee Siam and Kare Thai are some of the best.

By the UN take a look at Sakagura

http://www.sakagura.com/

oxy
nyc
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near United Nations? Also pre theater?

there are so many restaurants that you need to be more specific, which area is best for you, which type of cuisine. what is mid-price? in nyc it's not the same as in texas. saying nice, does not narrow it down.

you can look at yelp by diff areas,etc.

oxy
nyc
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near United Nations? Also pre theater?

united nations is basically in residentail area - there are local eateries/delis, but nothing special in general, mostly for locals. you'll have to take a taxi anyway probably, so it's easier to get smth in the mid-50s, center.

check manupages.com too - it's by area, by cuisine, price, etc - will give you a better idea.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near United Nations? Also pre theater?

I can help with the UN part. There are quite a few restaurants on Second Avenue from about 45th up to 53rd. There is everything from diners to one of my favorite french restaurants.

I've been walking past Ethos on First Ave at 51st for about a year and thinking it looked good.

I've had good meals at Cibo on Second and 42nd.

There are a lot of very good Japanese restaurants in the area. I think that Sushi Yasudo is the one that is one of the best.

For a great diner try John's on the corner of 44th and 2nd.

Pam

5. Re: Restaurants near United Nations? Also pre theater?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 06:17