We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Trip Report

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Live Trip Report

Yesterday.

Landed at JFK, no queue for immigration. Got a taxi and to hotel in 25 mins.

Went to pub, pub, brewery tour, pub. Jet lag kicked me into bed by 9pm. Slept til 7am

Wet today, got rained on. Went to pub, and now having lunch in another pub.

This is how you do a holiday, no plans, no rushing around and just kick back and relax . ;)

M

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Live Trip Report

ah, M4rk you are in NYC again!!! Enjoy to the fullest ^_

(I'll be readin' this tomorrow <3)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Live Trip Report

My head is still trying to grasp that it has already 1.5 years since you were last here - it seems like you were writing about that last trip just months ago. Yikes. Time is on fast forward, I think.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Live Trip Report

Tell me about it MomCat.

I'll guarantee that this gap will be shorter. I don't plan on relocating and getting a new job at the moment.

Anyway.. Mel kindly filled in the details of what I did on the Saturday evening, so that saves me writing that.

Sunday - 11am, checked out of the hotel, and headed out. Brunch was had at Cubana Socíal, and then I headed to Brooklyn Cheese Shop. A friend in the UK wanted some Brooklyn Brine Co Pickles, and after researching them, I wanted some too. Spotted them as soon as I hit the store, and got both types purchased. (Since I've got back, I've tried mine, and DAMN it's good!).

Anyway. Brunch Done, Pickles Bought, I needed some new trainers/sneakers. I headed to the Adidas Originals store in Soho, and within 15 minutes, had a new pair, to replace my ageing limited editions. I'm sad to retire them off, but needs must.

A few drinks at Blind Tiger, and then a late lunch at Amity Hall, was the rest of my afternoon, before heading back to my hotel, packing my purchases, and getting into the car service back to the airport. My time in NYC this time was done, and far too short.

I've been back in the UK now since Monday, and am already planning, a trip out in October.

M

24. Re: Live Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 March 2013, 12:28
Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Live Trip Report

Glad the two of you managed to meet up in Mel's playground - Park Slope :-)

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Live Trip Report

Mark and Mel drinking stout in NYC. Like the swallows returning to Capistrano. Some things are just expected and timeless. The next day while Mark was likely sleeping in, I was up early leading a bike ride and sweating out the toxins.

27. Re: Live Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 07:16