We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car service

Charlotte
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car service

Can you recommend a reliable and reasonable car service from LGA to NYC?

Barb

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car service

We've been satisfied with both Carmel and Dial 7.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car service

Another Vote for Dial 7 !

www.dial7.com

NSW
Level Contributor
712 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car service

We used Strussers. More expensive, but they were great after a very long flight from Australia!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,407 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car service

Dial 7, Carmel and Allstate are all regularly recommended here. You could also take a yellow cab from the dispatch line. Strussers is great if you want more luxury and an all inclusive price, but the upgrade isn't necessary in my opinion unless you specifically want a stretch limo (impractical). Just don't take a ride from an airport tout, and don't prepay, no matter who you book with.

Edited: 05 March 2013, 11:11
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car service

Bad experience with Allstate tonight, as well as nasty phone service. Strike them from the list

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,407 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car service

I've had bad experiences with Dial 7, but overall they get more good reviews than bad. Same with Allstate. Don't prepay, and I'd still feel comfortable recommending any of the three.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car service

My yesterday bad experience was before we even left. I had a reservation and found the discount online and called to apply it. After getting a few different people who didn't know what to do, I was transferred to a supervisor who was nasty. I tried to clarify things and get the discount and when I said, well I know there are other car services he said: Well, go to one of them and hung up on me.

Great service, no?

Charlotte
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Car service

Who was this with?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,407 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car service

Honestly, I'd say it's pretty typical. Even the good car services aren't known for friendly and accommodating phone center staff. This is why I always say "never prepay." If anything out of the ordinary happens, they won't resolve it for you. They just don't do that.

This is also why I take cabs.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car service

BB I agree. Cabs for me, too. For LGA and JFK. Sorry Newark isn't a good cab choice. I find cabs to airport usually less expensive than car service, in general (depends on traffic, but usually)