We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private room +bath in nyc

Lebanon
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
private room +bath in nyc

hi i will be for 2wks from 19 may for an elective in memorial keppings cancer hospital zip code 10065.

i need private room +bath in newyork city or near around easily reached by public transport ,i have to be early in hospital

plz ur advise

i am on srict budget

thank u

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private room +bath in nyc

Please tell us what your strict budget is so we can recommend accordingly.

Lebanon
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private room +bath in nyc

hi up to 75$/day

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private room +bath in nyc

Do you know about Hope Lodge? It's run by the American Cancer Society and provides free lodging for out-of-town cancer patients receiving treatment in NYC:

cancer.org/treatment/…index

It's not walking distance to Sloan Kettering, but you can always take a taxi or car service back and forth. Taking buses might also be a possibility, but you should speak to your doctors about that. Perhaps your immune system will be less affected by your treatments, but I was advised not to take public transportation while undergoing my chemo, so something to think about.

The cost of cabs and cars would be far less that that the amount you'd save by staying in free accommodation...certainly less than $75 a day...

The only other thing I can think to suggest is to speak with Sloan Kettering directly about possible options. I found this in the 'accommodations' section of the hospital's website:

"If you are an international patient, please contact the Bobst International Center at 212-639-4900 and your designated coordinator will be happy to assist you".

Best wishes to you!

Edited: 12 March 2013, 11:29
Lebanon
Level Contributor
327 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private room +bath in nyc

hi sorry i am not a patient

i am a doctor who is planning for elective study there

thank u

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private room +bath in nyc

Ah, in that case I'm not sure...you might want to talk to your contact there and ask if they have any ideas. Good luck!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,804 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: private room +bath in nyc

Talk to the hospital about finding lodging. $75 a day will not cut it in New York City. You might find a dorm bed in a hostel for that, but you won't get a private room.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
7,968 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: private room +bath in nyc

Normal "tourist" methods will not result in any decent room for $75/day.

As BB says, you need to work your professional contacts and talk to the hospital. I bet the hospital either has some rooms for visiting staff, or a doctor or nurse at the hospital has a spare bedroom and would be willing to rent it out for a small amount of money. You will have MUCH better results, in this case, working through private means than trying to access tourist lodgings.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,543 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: private room +bath in nyc

ivyterrace.com

is a b & b within walking distance. You can contact them and see what they will charge.

Here's a link to housing services for the hospital. Maybe they can help.

mskcc.org/research/current-incoming-postdocs…

9. Re: private room +bath in nyc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:16