We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to brooklyn and west village.

Tampa, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip to brooklyn and west village.

My husband and I will be taking a <24 hour trip to New York for business on Thursday. Our last plans of the day include networking in the West Village area and will be ending around 9 p.m. We have to be at the airport at 4 a.m.

It's both of our first time in New York, and we're pretty good at finding things to do where ever we are. I was thinking Radegast Hall looked like a nice place to pass the time. But just in case, I figured I'd ask any recommendations for how to kill time from 9 until we have to leave. We're kind of artsy/musician sorts, so bar and music: yes... club and dancing: not so much.

Also, is it safe to take the subway/air train at 2 a.m. or is should we be taking a cab?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,548 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to brooklyn and west village.

Very safe at 2 AM. No need for a cab unless you feel like it - at that time of night a cab will be faster.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to brooklyn and west village.

I have been to Radegast Hall many a time. Good beer, decent food, and there is often music. As you will be in WBurg after dark, take a walk to Grand Ferry Park located at the foot of Grand Street, it is one of the great views of NYC - especially when the tug boats glide by.

You can take the subway at that time and feel safe.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to brooklyn and west village.

Thanks so much for the tips, we will definitely take that walk it sounds lovely!

4. Re: Day trip to brooklyn and west village.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 05:15