We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WTC Tribute Center exhibits OK for kids?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
WTC Tribute Center exhibits OK for kids?

I will be taking my kids (10 & 8) to the memorial in May. My kids know about 9/11, and we will be reviewing the education materials and survivor videos from the tribute center website before we go as part of our curriculum (they are homeschooled).

I was trying to decide whether to visit the Tribute Center. I won't be taking them on the walking tours as the website it may be too intense for children under 10. But I can't find any info for the exhibits. Are they too intense as well?

New York Tour1
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
9\/11 Ground Zero Tour
Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Foods of New York Tours
Food Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours
Ohio
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WTC Tribute Center exhibits OK for kids?

I would take them to the memorial and to St. Paul's Chapel across the street.

www.trinitywallstreet.org/congregation/spc/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WTC Tribute Center exhibits OK for kids?

This is probably a stupid question, but all of a sudden I am very confused. I think I've read too many things! ; )

I know I don't want to do the "Workshop" in someone's living room that I read about on the blogs... And the 9/11 Museum isn't open yet (correct?)...

So, I'm trying to get my bearings around the 9/11 Memorial and the Tribute Center that is partnering with the 9/11 Memorial (http://www.tributewtc.org/exhibits/index.php).

I'm assuming the Tribute Center is different from the 9/11 Visitor Center? Does the Visitor Center or the 9/11 Memorial have exhibits as well? Which should I do with children? Just the Memorial and the Cathedral mentioned in the above post? Or Is it worth the cost to visit the Tribute Center as well?

3. Re: WTC Tribute Center exhibits OK for kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 06:16