We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manhattan Hotel

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Manhattan Hotel

Any suggestions for a decent but cheap hotel in Manhattan? Will be there in Dec

Travel Agent suggested the Pennsylvania Hotel because of its near Penn Station and I have to catch a train to Boston at the end of my stay. The reviews are beyond terrible though and I'm not keen. Some general research has suggested the Radio City apartments but does anyone have another other ideas?

Cheers

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manhattan Hotel

You'll need to give your dates, nightly budget in USD (taxes add approx 15%) and how many beds you'll need.

Early Dec especially is very expensive.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manhattan Hotel

I spent my December nights (2 trips) in the Country Inn & Suites, not Manhattan, but close enough for winter days, to my taste anyway

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48080-d1485678…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,802 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manhattan Hotel

Early Dec. even the dumps are not inexpensive. Provide dates and a nightly budget and you'll get more ideas.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manhattan Hotel

Between 320-350 a night. Dec 6-8 and it's just for myself!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,802 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manhattan Hotel

Best Western Hospitality is one of the nicest suite hotels and the only one that includes full cooked breakfast. They have a great price on an accessible suite (so you'd have a separate living and then bedroom with queen bed) for $270 plus tax if you prepay or $319 plus tax if you don't on their own website. Really nice small place.

If you don't mind staying down in the financial district, the Andaz Wall St. is a cool modern hotel and is $276 plus tax on a bunch of websites (I'm looking on kayak.com)

The Standard is very cool and modern in the meatpacking district and is $265 plus tax on kayak. I noticed yesterday when looking for someone else that the Standard was offering great rates pre Xmas because most people want to be in midtown for xmas (which is really really crowded).

The Alex is in midtown east (like the Best Western Hospitality) and is $267 plus tax on kayak. Nice and modern but not nearly as special/unusual as the other options. I would be really happy to stay at any of these.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,802 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manhattan Hotel

In case you don't know, an accessible suite means it's set up for someone in a wheelchair with a roll in shower etc. but I don't think it should bother you if you like the idea of the suite and breakfast included in a very central location. Here's a map with the places mentioned and I'll include Radio City apts. and Penn station so you get an idea of options. I do see some other hotels near Penn station but the area isn't that attractive and the hotels I'm seeing there can't compare to the ones I'm mentioning but if you want to have a look

Herald Square Hotel

NYMA (New York Manhattan)

http://goo.gl/maps/n5sqg

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,802 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manhattan Hotel

Sorry, forgot Radio City apts.

http://goo.gl/maps/NRAlh

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manhattan Hotel

thanks for the tips, I'll check it out!

9. Re: Manhattan Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 04:16