We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

We are planning a trip to NYC in late June.

My 8yr old daughter is very excited about watching a Broadway show because of my NYC stories(my mom took me to the King and I with Yul Brynner when I was 11); which show is best for an 8yr old? We are on a limited budget and can only watch one show. Annie vs. Lion King vs. Spider-Man vs. Cinderella? Which show is the best experience for a kid?

Thanks!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,531 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

I just loved the Lion King. I have taken all three of my kids and they still remember it. Hugely visual with the start of the show in the form of a parade down the aisles. Wonderful music and strong characters.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,083 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

Lion King.

If Cinderella were Disney's Cinderella instead of Oscar & Hammerstein's, I'd say Cinderella.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

She does love the Lion King movie, and found the Annie movie boring. Thanks for your input.

Any advice on how to get discount tickets to the Lion King?

Level Contributor
3,117 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

There are no discount tickets to Lion King

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

We just saw Cinderella and it was amazing. I know that there have been some bad reviews because of the changes, but I thought they made it even more interesting. The sets and amazing costume transformations are incredible too!

Erskine
Level Contributor
124 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

We saw wicked the other night, little girl possibly 5/6 was crying at the end as she loved it so much, lots of other kids in audience also, all ages, unfortunately no discounts, but a great show

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

Go see Matilda. The kids are great, and the same age as yours, and the show is great so you can enjoy it too. It is the favourite to win the Tony.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,488 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

Lion King

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

All my grandkids LOVED Lion King, but Wicked was a big hit with the 8 year old..... Probably no discounts for either of them....

10. Re: Best Broadway show to take an 8yr old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2014, 04:16