We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

naples
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Monday: flying into LGA and probably getting to hotel around noonish - Four Points Times Square - with 2 children 9 and 11. Walk through Times Square and go to Dylans Candy Bar, M&M store, FAO, St. Patricks Cathedral and Niketown. Deli for late lunch, Sony Building and back through Times Square, Juniors Cheesecake

Tuesday: Subway to 9/11 Memorial at 10am, Circle Line Boat Tour at 1:00, see NYSE building, Little Italy, St. Pauls Chapel, maybe Greenwich Village on the way back to Midtown?

WEd: early Lunch somewhere (suggestions?)Museum Natural History, walk in Central Park some, dinner at Carmines (UWS) and Levain Bakery for treats

Thursday: GMA in Rockefellar Center, Empire State Building, Chelsea Market, find some good pizza

Friday: Our flight is out of JFK at 7:00 pm. Suggestions on what to do our last day? More time in Central Park/walking around the Midtown area?

What about taking two boys to a tenement museum? boring for this age? Would like this to be somewhat educational trip.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

If you are at GMA on Thurs why not go to Top of the Rock (great view of the ESB and Central Park) instead of the ESB.

When you go to the Chelsea Market don't forget to walk the Highline.

thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc

New York, NY
Level Contributor
100 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Wed lunch - Shake Shack right by the Natl History Museum

Thurs dinner - Grimaldi's pizza in Chelsea

Fri - get out of midtown! See the Village or Central Park or the lower East Side. The tenement museum has a variety of tours, so get your kids to help Choose one that interests them. Book at least 24 hrs ahead online because those sell out routinely.

staten island
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Take them to Grand Central to see horses (11 am and 2pm)- http://creativetime.org/projects/heard-ny/

Manchester. U.K.
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Thanks for the horses tip Georgia. Definitely going to see that.

staten island
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Me too!

berkshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Ouch, we just miss the horses, not arriving till 5th-10th, is there anything else arty happening for me?

staten island
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Bruno, maybe one of the events during Armory Arts Week may interest you - armoryartsweek.com/armoryarts/…

Level Contributor
2,694 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Thanks for the great tip on the horses for next week. What a good post. Anything else we might not know about for next week?

berkshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Thanks for the link georgia, will do some homework on it.

staten island
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planned itinerary for NEXT WEEK

Chitown..., I hope this exhibition that started today at AMNH is as good as I want it to be- amnh.org/exhibitions/…about-the-exhibition

Bruno, that was this month not April. Sorry, I don't even know what the day of the week it is today.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 20:32