We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Will Call" - ticket office or collection only?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
"Will Call" - ticket office or collection only?

Hi,

I’m visiting New York in August with my girlfriend and we have already purchased tickets to see a Broadway show (Wicked) and a New York Yankee’s game. On both occasions when purchasing the tickets the only option was to pick them up from the Will Call at the event.

First of all I am assuming that the Will Call is just the american version of a Ticket/Box Office?

I am trying to plan how much time we need for every event or attraction, so how long would you expect to wait in a Will Call queue on average?

I know you could say “how long is a piece of string” and I’m sorry to ask this question, I just want a rough idea, as I don’t know if a Will Call is a ticket office where everyone will be buying tickets from also or is it just a collection only office etc…??

Many thanks in advance!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,148 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Will Call" - ticket office or collection only?

When I've collected tickets at Will Call it has been a separate window at the theatre, not much of a wait. I don't know if it's the same at all theatres though. I've collected the ticket half an hour before the show with no problems. Just have the credit card with you that you bought the tickets with.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Will Call" - ticket office or collection only?

I've never waited mote than a couple of minutes.

There is a separate line but make sure you join the right one - assuming there is a line. Sometimes people get muddled with the line of people entering the theatre. This is because many Broadway theatres have small or no lobbies so there are loads of people on the street.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,592 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Will Call" - ticket office or collection only?

Another reason for long lines on Broadway is the failure to open the house on time, say at 7:30PM for an 8:00PM performance. One cause of this is productions that don't use the Main Curtain, so everything has to be "ready" before they open the house. It also costs extra hourly pay to employ people before half-hour.

If you pick up your tickets after half-hour, be sure to notice if there is a passage from that ticket window to the ticket-taker or scanner, and thus the door to the auditorium. In most cases, you don't have to wait again on the "ticket-holders" line. Be sure you have the credit card used to buy the ticket, since it's usually needed for the pickup. I once got away with bringing my sister-in-law's credit card, and her drivers license because she had a meeting until just before showtime.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,717 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Will Call" - ticket office or collection only?

If you see a long line of people just go through it and head direct to the box office. Do not wait in it. All Broadway shows stop advance sales 1/2 hour at least before curtain to accomodate will call ticket holders and people purchasing tickets for that performance. If no sign for "Will Call" just go to the box office.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Will Call" - ticket office or collection only?

For the Yankee game...depending on who they are playing, I would budget 1/2 hr TOPS. The stadium is huge and you may want to the extra time to find the box-office.

6. Re: "Will Call" - ticket office or collection only?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 06:16