We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

I will be so glad if someone help me how i can get to Comfort Suites North Bergen hotel from JFK Airport at the cheapest price? Thanks in advance..

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,812 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

How many of you are there?

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,427 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

What a lousy place to stay. It looks like there isn't any public transportation very near that hotel.

So.

AirTrain to Jamaica Station, E train to Port Authority Bus Terminal and then the New Jersey Transit #125 bus to JFK Boulevard & 10th, which is the nearest bus stop. Then walk about half a kilometer.

Please be aware that you are staying by a highway in an unpleasant neighborhood which is distant and inconvenient to everything, and that your hotel choice will significantly negatively impact your enjoyment of your NYC vacation.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

we are two people..

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

Thanks for the detailed information. i've chosen that hotel for good price. But i will check the hotel list again.. Thansk again..

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

pls consider changing your hotel...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,812 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

Apparently there's a shuttle bus or van that goes from or near the hotel into Manhattan. Otherwise, it looks like the nearest regular public bus stop is an 8 minute walk away, something you wouldn't want to do with luggage. I got the info about the private van by reading the reviews here.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g46679-d273107-…

Someone wrote:

"The shuttle service departed from the hotel at I think 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.30 and delivered us to the corner of 41st street and 7th avenue which is virtually Times Square - perfect drop off point as you can basically walk to most tourist attractions from there. At night the shuttle returned at 8, 9 and 10pm. "

It's not great to have to depend on a shuttle that only runs at certain times. Most of the people who offer positive reviews of the hotel talk about having large families. They were willing to put up with a bit of inconvenience in order to have affordable accommodation for a family of 5-7 that included free breakfast. Some talked about spending $120 to get there from JFK but still thought it was good value from what they would have paid had they stayed in Manhattan.

If you're committed to this hotel having prepaid or just want a cheap stay, the cheapest way to go from JFK would be to take the AirTrain to Sutphin Blvd. ($5/person) and connect to the E train subway into Manhattan getting off at Port Authority. From there you can either take the public bus and attempt the walk at the other end or try hooking up with the hotel van (you'd need to call the hotel to find out about this) or order a car service like

dial7.com

to pick you up in Manhattan and take you out to the hotel. Here are the public transport options offered on google maps.

http://goo.gl/maps/DuUa1

For a couple flying into JFK, I think you would be FAR better staying at one of the hotels near a subway station in Long Island City. If you want names, post back.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

I totally agree with everything that's been written about this property. I pass by it every morning on my daily commute. It's in a somewhat industrial and fairly unattractive though safe area. The reviews will tell you everything you need to know about how well or poorly the commute works. You will indeed be far better staying in Long Island City (LIC) if you fly into JFK.

However, if for some reason that is still too expensive, and you're willing to deal with the tremendous inconvenience and expense of getting from JFK to NJ there are better options. But check LIC first.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

Thanks a lot to all of you for the valuable feedbacks.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

Dear all, I'm planning to change my hotel with Ramada Eastside hotel (161 Lexington Ave). This time, i need to ask how we can go there from JFK at midnight period?.. Thanks again.. :)

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,427 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How can i get to North Bergen from JFK Airport cheapestly?

That's a much better location.

The AirTrain and subway are still running at that hour. (They run 24 hours.) Take the AirTrain to Jamaica. There switch for the E train to 51st/Lexington. There switch for the 6 train downtown to 28th Street.