We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is better?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which is better?

We will be flying into Newark airport on 6/27/13 and my question involves the best way to get to the Distrikt Hotel. Should we take Airtrain to Penn station and take a cab from there to our hotel? Or would it be easier and less expensive to take Coach USA to the Port Authority and walk to the hotel? There will be 3 of us with 1 bag and 1 carry-on for each of us.

England
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is better?

Best doesn't always mean cheapest or most convenient, as there are 3 of you, I personally would use a taxi, not the cheapest but so easy to do.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,920 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is better?

Car services are better from Newark than a taxi. A car service like

dial7.com

allstatelimo.com

It will cost ~$70-75 with tip and tolls split 3 ways. The bus is $15/person and easiest meaning no transfers The train is ~ $13/person plus another $5-10 for the taxi.

Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is better?

We came in on Saturday and used Dial7. It was turn key and efficient. I thought the time I saved was worth the cost as opposed to the AirTrain and transfers.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is better?

Thanks. I'll get quotes from the car services.

5. Re: Which is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:16