We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alt/Music Shopping

manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Alt/Music Shopping

Hey,

I come to NYC in May and want to do some shopping at some point. We are drawing up an itinerary on Saturday and wondering for the best area to shop for my kind of thing?

I like vintage T-shirts, band T-shirts, Vans, Converse etc..that kind of stuff? Not really into really expensive high end brands and department stores to be honest. Some alternative/music based ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,912 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alt/Music Shopping

The Brooklyn Flea market should be one stop

Brooklynflea.com

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k5103919…

For Vans and Converse, there's a lot of info in this thread

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k5977527…

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alt/Music Shopping

There are also some very good tee shirt places on St. Marks Place in the East Village.

3. Re: Alt/Music Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 05:16