We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wall Street Tours and Transportation to the area

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Wall Street Tours and Transportation to the area

Hello, We would like to take a tour of the Wall Street experience and the 911 memorial in the month of May. We will be travelling from South Jersey. I would prefer not to drive into the city of New York. Is it possible to park at the Liberty Landing Ferry and take the ferry over to the financial district area? we have never been to the ferry on the Wall Street area. We would appreciate any help you can give us.Thank you for your suggestions.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,063 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wall Street Tours and Transportation to the area

I have no personal knowledge but looking at the Liberty Landing Ferry website, it seems you can do what you want assuming their hours work for your schedule. Note the last ferry back to NJ is at 7:45 weekends or 8:45 weekdays. You can also get passes to the memorial from them.

http://www.libertylandingferry.com/

If you want a walking tour of the area, I think you'll have to make that arrangement separately. There are tours given my the Tribute Center

http://tributewtc.org/

There are also lots of other cos. that do walking tours of the area like

freetoursbyfoot.com

or you can find self guided walking tours here

walkingoffthebigapple.com/p/economic-walks.h…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wall Street Tours and Transportation to the area

Another great resource for a self guided walk is Downtown Alliance's map... downtownny.com/getting-around/maps-and-guides

I used it for a wonderful day in that area...

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wall Street Tours and Transportation to the area

Thank you very much for the helpful information. I really appreciate it. Thank you!

south jersey
Level Contributor
239 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wall Street Tours and Transportation to the area

thank you for the information on the tours. great advice.!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,063 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wall Street Tours and Transportation to the area

You're welcome. ;). There are tours during the week of the Federal Reserve bank if you're interested. You have to book in advance,

www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/visiting.html

6. Re: Wall Street Tours and Transportation to the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 05:17