We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Greenwich

Tasmania
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Greenwich

Can anyone recommend accommodation in Greenwich Village, will be there 11th to 18th May, would like accommodation with kitchenette close to village life, up to about $350 pn?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Greenwich

You'll also need to supply how many beds you need, for how many people. That would be helpful for the experts, probably nywhiz.

In the meantime have you looked at Kayak.com ? You can specify the neighbourhood you prefer and then narrow down your choices.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,075 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Greenwich

Be aware than "Greenwich" is someplace else. If you don't want to say "Greenwich Village," shorten it to "The Village," not Greenwich.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,970 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Greenwich

The only thing I know of in Greenwich Village (aka the village) that's legal with kitchenette is

West-eleventh.com

A b & b. There are very few hotels in the area period.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Greenwich

The Washington Square Hotel will put you in the absolute core / dead center of Greenwich Village and the NYU campus - absolutely delightful.

Wonderful hotel. Not sure about kitchenettes but Starbucks is on the corner. Heck there are coffee shops all around you - you're in the heart of the NYU campus and the students don't have kitchenettes in their dorms.

Don't say Greenwich or you are liable to end up in Connecticut. Greenwich is Greenwich Connecticut. Greenwich Village is "the Village"

Hyatt is opening a brand new hotel in the heart of Union Square. It is going to be an awesome place. It will have a rooftop outdoor space - I can't wait until it opens on May 1st - I'm excited.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Greenwich

Thanks for your reply and advice. I'll re-post stating 'the village'

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,339 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Greenwich

If you did not need a "kitchenette" I would have said the Jade. Or not far from the village is the Gansevoordt or the Standard. But again, the kitchenette issue. But do you really need that? No one cooks in the city when on a visit. Lots of restaurants, take outs and deliveries. And most hotels will have a mini fridge at the very least.

7. Re: Accommodation in Greenwich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 05:18