We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Times Square to Newark Airport?

devon united kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Times Square to Newark Airport?

Hi.

we are staying at the Intercontinential TS, Sat 24th -Tues 27th Aug. Our flight is at 9pm, so need to be at Newark airport 6pm the latest.

Which is the best and cheapest way to get there? Also what time would we need to leave TS in order to get there for 6pm.

I have looked on Dial 7 website but not sure whether its the best choice or not? If so do i book before or when im there?

Sorry for all the questions!

Erskine
Level Contributor
118 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Times Square to Newark Airport?

New Jersey transit train from penn street station, 34th street, get off at Newark airport 3rd stop, tfr to air train takes you to all terminals $12.50 each buy tickets at ticket machine, penn street station huge but follow signs for New Jersey transit and you can't go wrong.. Takes about 40 mins all in.. If it were me I would leave about 4 to be safe and check timetables in line, but trains regular..

Edited: 09 April 2013, 00:36
Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
312 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Times Square to Newark Airport?

Hi. Depending on how much luggage you have, you may want to try public transportation. There is a NJ Transit Train in Penn Station (Northeast Corridor line) which goes from Penn Station to the Newark Airport. The trip to the airport is $12.50/adult and it takes about 20 minutes to get there. From the train stop you can get aboard the Airtran which stops at various terminals.

I've never hired a car to go from NY to NJ but there may be extra fees involved because you are crossing state lines. The others on this forum may be able to tell you more about that.

3. Re: Times Square to Newark Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 06:17