We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

A new, much larger branch of Burger Joint opens today in Greenwich Village on West 8th Street (between 5th & 6th Avenues).

This is from Florence Fabricant in today's New York Times:

BURGER JOINT New York greets a gimmicky new burger chain every other day, but this one has a track record of simplicity. It started 10 years ago, in vest-pocket speakeasy style, tucked behind a velvet curtain in the lobby of Le Parker Meridien. It had no name, but eventually Burger Joint stuck and was trademarked. Today, Steven Pipes, the president of the company that owns the hotel, calls it “the secret that everybody knows” as it prepares to open its first branch, in plain sight in Greenwich Village. The space is big enough for three of the original, with more effort at décor, a huge bar, more commodious booths and tables, and a generous kitchen. The menu has a five-ounce griddled burger made with beef that has no special pedigree, served on standard buns, with condiments and fries. A Burger Joint opened in Korea last month; another is set for Dubai in June. (Opens Wednesday): 33 West Eighth Street; (212) 432-1400; www.burgerjointny.com.

More to enjoy!

Edited: 10 April 2013, 12:16
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

Fantastic!

It is on my list of places to try during my trip at the end of next month, good to know there's another location!

I was looking forward to having to "find" the one inside the hotel, but this Greenwich Village one will probably be a bit more convenient for us.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

Hope it lives up to it's name. The secret one is very well regarded.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

Don't go in expecting too much, Aynat.

I like the burgers but they are not anything over the top fantastic. For starters, there is no beetroot on them. LOL.

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

"made with beef that has no special pedigree"

makes it sound so appetizing ;-)

doncaster
Level Contributor
246 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

Good to know, this will go on my list!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

"I like the burgers but they are not anything over the top fantastic. For starters, there is no beetroot on them. LOL."

Mez, some people just don't get the beetroot thing do they? :-)

7. Re: Burger Joint - New Branch in the Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:17