We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

r b
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

Six (all over 60) of us travelling from JFK to central Manhattan next Saturday. Arrive 21.00 never been before.

Advice very much appreciated regarding best economical transport to use to get us to our hotel, taxi, pre book minibus etc.?, do not want to use public transport arriving so late. Starting to panic any guidance regarding hire companies we can trust etc. Many thanks you folk out there.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

Panic? Why panic? Where exactly are you going? Do you want someone to meet you inside the terminal with a sign with your name or are you ok to make a phone call to the service to say you're ready to leave?

dial7.com

offers both options but imo is better if you're willing to phone.

r b
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

The Fitzpatrick 144th and Lexicon.

Can I use a desk phone to contact you?

I assume you are dial7 .....

can you quote full fare for all 7 please

many thanks

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,359 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

Whiz is NOT Dial 7. Whiz is a volunteer contributor to this site ( like all of us) She is a member of Trip advisor exactly the same way you are.

Venders are not going to post here --or anyplace else on TA. It is against the rule and those that try find their posts quickly removed.

I suggest you follow the link she posted, find the prices and ask your questions ( btw are you 6 or 7)

Also, the Fitzpatrick hotel is Lexington and 57th. ( unless there is something of a similar name in Harlem, which I doubt and there is no street Lexicon.)

r b
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

Very many thanks for your advice .. much appreciated .. will do

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

No, the Fitzpatrick Grand Central IS on Lexington and 44 st. ;) There are 2 Fitzpatrick hotels. It sounds like the one you're going to is the Grand Central. The other one is just called Fitzpatrick Manhattan I think.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

There are two very good companies we regularly recommend.

One is Dial 7 and another is All State. For larger vehicles, I suspect Dial 7 will be slightly more economical but you can check with both. www.dial7.com and www.allstatelimo.com

r b
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

Many thanks will follow up on both.

Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

Quite frankly, though, you should be fine using public transportation. I've done it from JFK - you easily hop on the subway and it takes you pretty close to where you need to be - cheaply. Good luck!

9. Re: Group travel from JFK to Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 07:17