We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

woodbury Common?

London
10 posts
Save Topic
woodbury Common?

Hey guys

This is my first time to New York, would anyone recommend going to the outlets at woodbury Common?

Thank you so much for your help :)

Zoe x

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: woodbury Common?

Eh. There's plenty of discount shopping in New York City that doesn't require an expensive and long bus ride and an entire day. That said, there are those who love going. I am not one of them.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: woodbury Common?

How long are you in NYC for?

A week or less I wouldn't bother. You need at least a half, and possibly full, day for it. There's too much else to do in NYC (including great shopping).

More than a week you could do it but I'd wait until near the end if your visit so you can decide if you still want to visit after shopping in Manhattan.

Either way, make sure to check out the website to see what shops there you'd actually be interested in and whether you think it's worth the time.

London
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: woodbury Common?

Aw thank you for your replys... : )

Im in New York for 6 days im sooooooooo excited as im tryping ... not going until December hehehe.

Thats great I wasnt sure if the shops would be the same as woodbury common.

Your right ..to be honest shopping is not at the top of my list compared to everything else there is to do and see.

xx

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: woodbury Common?

Hi I've been to New York 5 times and been to WC twice. Planning next trip and will be going this time. I would say if its your first trip to NYC and you have limited time i wouldnt go. Plenty of amazing shopping and in Manhattan and a lot cheaper than in the UK. Macy's and Bloomingdales have a 10% visitors card (just go to visitors centre and ask) which you can use on top of sale prices.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: woodbury Common?

If shopping isn't a top priotity there's absolutely no reason to visit. My bf really wants to visit during our May/June trip so I've kept a day free for it at the end, but I won't be disappointed if he changes his mind ;)

You will have plenty to keep you busy for the 6 days you're there :)

London
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: woodbury Common?

Oh wow 5 times .. now I am jealous : ) .... that’s great just wasn’t sure of the shops that would be in Manhattan but it sounds like I’m going to be in shopping heaven!! I will be taking a trip to Greenwich for the boutiques.

Thank you : ) xx

7. Re: woodbury Common?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:16