We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

subway stop

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
388 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
subway stop

Hi! I wanted to know which is the subway and the subway stop from the Hampton Inn North T:S, to Broadway 1500 and to Port Authory?Thank you.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: subway stop

Everything is within walking distance.

The Hampton Inn Times Square North is one block west of Broadway. It is also roughly a half mile north of the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Fastest route between these locations is to walk - approximately 10 minutes.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
388 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: subway stop

But I want to learn travel by subway, so, what the subway stop is? ( and if I d be in a hurry for time )where I have to take the subway and which is the subway stop?Thanks

new york
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: subway stop

If you want to learn how to travel by the subway, I suggest you read the link under "Top Questions about NYC" entitled How do I ride the subway? Then you can use google maps and ask for directions - put in your starting point and your destination. You then click the button for public transportation (you can do driving, public transport or walking). It will then give you specific subway stops. There are also apps such as hopstop that you can use for subway stops.

I downloaded a subway map onto my phone so that I always have the map handy. I also used to carry a map that I tore out of a free subway map that you can get from a booth in the subway.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: subway stop

Your hotel is at 51st Street and 8th Avenue. There is a subway station on the C and E trains located at 50th Street and 8th Avenue. The C train is on the upper level and the E train is on the lower level.

The challenge with that subway station is that if you are going downtown, you just have to wait until the buzzer tells you which level the next train will arrive on. You might get to the station and there could be a train already on the lower level but you'd miss it because you wouldn't know it was there and it would be departing by the time you got there. That's fine if you're going down to say 14th Street and it is still faster to wait 5 minutes than to walk. In your case, you are going one stop to Port Authority so it is already less than 10 minutes walking. You can take the C or the E between 50th Street and 42nd Street / Port Authority.

1500 Broadway is between 43rd and 44th Streets. The N & R trains stop at 49th Broadway / 7th Avenue. The 1 train stops at 50th Street / Broadway. The 1 train and the N & R trains all stop at Times Square which is right by 1500 Broadway.

It would be faster to walk because these places are so close and because you would actually be going beyond your destination on the subway and then walking back.

Bottom line is 50th / 8th on the C & E is closest to the hotel and the main Times Square subway station is closest to 1500 Broadway

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,745 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: subway stop

Practice using the subway during the rest of your visit.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
388 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: subway stop

Thanks for everything, I love it d be ok. I t s an important texperience for me.See you!

7. Re: subway stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 06:18