We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary advice

UK
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Topic
itinerary advice

Hi,

We are due to visit NYC at the end of May and I am currently trying to put together an itinerary so that we maximise our 3 full days in the city. We are scheduled to land @ 12.00hrs on Sunday 26th at Newark and am anticipating being at the hotel (Gild Hall Hotel) at around 14.00hrs. Once we check in we would probably grab light lunch and then walk up to Greenwich Village where we have a reservation at Café Blossom along the way we are intending checking out China Town/Soho (time permitting)

I currently have the below as our first two full days,

Monday 27th May

a.m – Train up to Times Square, and check out Broadway & Hells Kitchen for early lunch

12.30 - Circle Line Full Tour Cruise (approx. 2.5 hours)

Empire State Building (book ‘fast track’ tickets)

Macy’s

Madison square garden

Dinner Res: 19.00 – Candle Cafe West

Tuesday 28th May

Train up to Central Park area

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Explore and have picnic lunch in Central Park

American Museum of Natural History

Fifth Ave

Grand Central Station/Chrysler Building

Dinner Res: 18.45 – Candle 79

Do you think this is achievable and would you suggest anything else we could potentially see/do on these two days?

Also for our last day I have identified the following things to do/see (in no specific order) again am I missing anything out or should I not include?

Wednesday 29th May

South Street Sea Port, Twin Tower memorial Rockerfeller Center, Guggenheim, Radio City Music Hall, Walk across Brooklyn bridge

Any help/advice would be most welcome

Cheers

Si

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,753 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary advice

For limited time on Wednesday have a look at the Brooklyn Brigde (why walk it?, waste of time), and go to the Sea Port that is not far from there. The other sites are far from these. I would skip the Twin Tower Memorial, but thats me. Other options nearby are the Financial District (not a glimse at Wall Street?) and Chinatown.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary advice

I suggest that you have some specific destinations in Soho and Chinatown or look for some self guided walking tours. Otherwise you're likely to be walking aimlessly.

walkingoffthebigapple.com

is a website I like for that. I also think you'd be best grabbing your light lunch IN Chinatown or Soho as you may have a hard time finding some place open near your hotel on a Sunday unless you scope that out first online. The area around the hotel will be very quiet on a Sunday AND I don't know if you realize you're arriving on a holiday weekend.

For Monday, I think you should figure on the fact that you will likely be up quite early because of the time change and I think you've got your whole morning wasted. You also may have a hard time finding places open for "an early lunch" in Hell's Kitchen. There are either places that serve breakfast or they may not open til lunch time. I would switch your plans for Mon/Tues. some. Monday is a holiday here (Memorial Day). I'd head to Central Park on Monday. The Met Museum will be open because it's a holiday. I also think doing 2 museums in the same day is always a mistake and they're both quite large. I think if you want to do both museums, I'd do one Mon. and the other Tues. I don't know what you plan to do at MSG. A tour? If yes, check out times. Most people prefer Top of the Rock to the ESB and it will be cheaper than buying a pricey fast track ticket at ESB. The other benefit to TOTR is getting a view of the ESB.

It's my understanding a "full" tour with Circle line is 3 hrs. not 2 1/2 and many find it overkill. If you're only here for 2 days, I'd do a shorter cruise maybe on a smaller boat. I'd check

goldstar.com

to see what cruise discounts they may have.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary advice

Plot Tuesday and Wed on a map and you will see and understand the problems with the order

New Jersey
Level Contributor
323 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary advice

If you'll be in the Chinatown area I recommend noodles at Bo Ky and ice cream down the block at the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. What are your plans at MSG? Do you have a tour pre-booked because you can't just walk in. I believe their All Access Tours are temporarily closed right now.

5. Re: itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 06:16