We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

Hi All

I would love to watch an NBA game in NY and hoping to get some tickets for the NY Knicks game on May 1 once confirmed. Can anyone recommend or share their experience with Stubhub.com? I just want to make sure it's safe and reliable, and avoid it if anyone has had a bad experience.

If there are other avenues to get these tickets, please let me know. Thanks!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

Nielka, we are heading over in 3 weeks and purchased tickets for games in LA (Dodgers) and NYC (Yankees) using Stubhub.. For LA we purchased electronic tickets which we received soon after purchase. The NYC tickets had to be posted to a USA address (used friends address in San Diego) we were advised they would be posted early May at the latest, but they were delivered about a month ago.

From reading the forum I have only noticed good reviews, I feel confident using them and they have a guarantee if there is a problem, so far our experience has been good using them...

19 sleeps til we head off for our 4 week trip..excitement is building

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

I've used Stubhub for NBA (proper season) tickets twice - a game in LA in 2009 and a game in New Jersey in 2010.

No problems at all. I had the tickets emailed to me both times.

Bellshill, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

Just back from New York last week and had tickets from Stubhub for the Knicks game while I was there.

Printed out an emailed ticket before hand and they scan the barcode off that on the way in and thats it. Really simple and no problems at all.

New York City
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

I used stub hub last night for a Brooklyn Nets Game

NP. All tickets purchased from the site are legit

London
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

I used Stubhub for Brooklyn Nets tkts a fortnight ago and for Mets tkts 2 years ago. Choose your seat, buy the ticket and away you go. I'm sure they guarantee it so if you don't receive it they will replace or give a refund. Best in my opinion to buy a ticket that lets you print it out and then you don't have to worry about missing the postman.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

Stubhub is reliable. The issue will be price for the Knicks game! The re-sellers will make the market and the price WON'T be inexpensive...

7. Re: Stubhub.com for NBA tickets? Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:17