We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendation

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendation

A friend and myself will be visiting NYC for the first time next weekend. We are in our early thirties, looking for some good restaurant suggestions. We'd prefer someplace with a good bar scene and energetic vibe. We don't have a price range and are open to all types of cuisine. While I appreciate fine dining, that's not what we're looking for on this trip. We are staying in the Flatiron area however the restaurants do not have to be in that district. Thanks!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Im getting mixed messages as to the price range and what you consider "fine dining" but here are a few names to get you going...

Alta

Louro

Maialino

Scarpetta (just had another great meal)

Tia Pol

Eataly (not a restaurant but worth a visit)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

Thanks! To clarify, no price point.....

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

The East Village is excellent for the nightlife and the vibe it sounds like you are looking for.

Spina is located on Avenue B in the East Village and it is by far one of my favorite restaurants. Another great option in the East Village is Fonda. There is also a Brooklyn location of Fonda.

There are a lot of good options in the East Village.

4. Re: Restaurant Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 05:18