We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast options near TRYP

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,608 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast options near TRYP

We will be staying at the TRYP on West 35th in July, a family of 4...adult daughter and 12 yr. old, plus myself and my wife. I enjoy waking early, the ladies not so much. Any suggestions for early breakfast options in the area? I usually awaken about 6:00, give the room to the ladies and head out for a cup of coffee and a nice breakfast. They are sometimes ready to explore by 9:00. Looking for diners, coffee shops, even street vendors if a park is near to sit and relax while reading or people watching. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gehrig

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast options near TRYP

The Tick Tock Diner is near, we had a nice breakfast there and the service was very good.

Also the Skylight Diner, you can actually go 'inside' the Skylight on google streetview, just hover the little yellow man over the diner and drop it on the yellow dot.

Edited: 18 April 2013, 20:49
Georgia
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast options near TRYP

Is there a restaurant like the Tick Tock or the Skylight Diner within a block of the Marriott at Times Square?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,974 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast options near TRYP

Near the Tryp, the Skylight diner is closer.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast options near TRYP

Hey, we just got back from our stay at Tryp. We really liked the Tick Toc diner! There were "regulars" there chatting with the waitresses as well as tourists like us. Good eggs benedict and daughter loved the belgian waffles! My son liked his pancakes also.

A couple of mornings we had bagels from Best Bagel and Coffee just down a block or so on 35th. (I think it is between 7th & 8th on 35th) It has very limited seating though! Once we brought the bagels back to the room, the 2nd time we strolled over to Harold Sq and ate them outside since it was a beautiful morning.

Of course there is a Starbucks just down on the corner as well. The one closest to the hotel at 35 and 8th has limited seating but there is a larger one with more seating one block down I think at the corner or 35th and 7th. You are pretty close to Harold Sq. from there as well if there are no tables available

We also ate at Andrew's coffee shop and one morning. It was just ok. The kids liked the pancakes though.

Another morning we just grabbed some fruit from the street vendor that is set up just outside of Andrew's coffee shop.

Have a great time. We were really pleased with our stay at Tryp. The staff was extremely helpful and curteous.

Dublin
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast options near TRYP

We had breakfast for 2adults 2kids on Tues am at Skyilight diner and it was great, good service, clean and friendly. Had booth at window...good price and very popular with locals... Reason we went there was because we had dinner in the tick tock diner which was good except for very rude cashier the previous night.. We stayed at Tryp also

6. Re: Breakfast options near TRYP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:17