We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo (female) traveller - New York bars.

Tranent, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Solo (female) traveller - New York bars.

Hi, I put this on the solo traveller forum, however was advised to post it on here too -

I'm heading over to NYC soon for my first ever visit to the States and I'm going solo!

I'll be staying at a hotel on Central Park South and wondered if anyone could suggest a few bars I could go to to have a glass of wine or a cocktail or two without the world taking pity on me or men sleazing on me for being alone!

Thanks!

cork
Level Contributor
5 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Solo (female) traveller - New York bars.

Have to agree with the bar/restaurant in Bryant Park. it's a wonderful place. I've been there alone as has my mother. A drink costs around $10 ex tax and tip, but it is really worth it. The park often shows films at night during the summer. Wonderfully friendly staff and a great location opposite Grand Central station and next to the library. But as mentioned above, it's perfectly normal for a female to have a drink/meal alone.

12. Re: Solo (female) traveller - New York bars.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:18