We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable flight price from San Diego to NYC in July?

San Diego...
1 post
Save Topic
Reasonable flight price from San Diego to NYC in July?

Hello, I've been looking at flights almost every day to New York from San Diego for mid July. I have no idea what a reasonable price would be nor when I should book. I'm not sure if it's too soon, or getting too late. Any help would be awesome!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
334 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable flight price from San Diego to NYC in July?

I seem to have better luck finding flight tickets cheaper earlier rather than later these days. Southwest is usually the cheapest, no frills kind of airline. JetBlue is nicer but usually more costly.

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable flight price from San Diego to NYC in July?

Less than $450 is okay, $300-350 is pretty good, less than $300: buy right away.

If your dates, times and/or airports are flexible, there is a great variety in pricing. Also, make sure you check the company websites too--not just Kayak or Travelocity, etc.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,819 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable flight price from San Diego to NYC in July?

Up until a couple of years ago I made the trip between LAX and EWR (Newark airport) at least twice a year and did so for many years and completely agree with what thedawnof31 wrote. Keep in mind that there are 2 airports you can choose from here, JFK and EWR (LGA isn't generally in the picture for cross country trips). If you're staying in Manhattan then it doesn't matter which airport you fly into but if you're staing in NJ then you should fly into EWR and if you're staying in Queens or Long Island City then JFK (the latter is a good, less epensive choice for visiting NYC in case you didn't know it)

4. Re: Reasonable flight price from San Diego to NYC in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 06:16