We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 11:51
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

Since midtown west incudes the Times Square area which is filled with tourists who may not know which are good or bad, crowded does not always mean best. It could mean, like Planet Hollywood, where there are always lines to get in, most touristy. I suggest you either specify where in mtw you are and/or the kind of food you like.

Midtownlunch.com

Is a website you might find helpful.

2. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 11:51
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,641 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

I like Bar Americain on West 52nd.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,204 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

Karin, I agree with nywhiz that your premise is not useful for finding good fine dining. If you're in New York for at least a year, I suggest you buy a Zagat. At least that (attempts to) quantify various measures of the dining experience.

I'd also comment that weekday lunch in business areas is one of the easier times to get a reservation (excepting Restaurant Week, Fashion Week, and similar special cases and locations.) We got a same-day lunch reservation at Le Cirque yesterday, and it was never more than 1/4 full. Lousy food? Guess again. ($48 prix fixe regular menu.) But I don't normally lunch at places like that.

Some excellent Midtown West restaurants are Nobu 57, Marea, Picholine, the various Boluds, Oceana, Le Bernardin. But I wonder if you really meant the next price point below: Remi, Thalia, Toloache, Del Frisco's, Lavo, and many more. Is this a single special occasion, or do you plan to return to your regular headquarters in a year with Congestive Heart Failure?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

Totto Ramen is not high end but extremely crowded, with 1+ hour waits. Best ramen in midtown west.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,157 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

I like the pre set lunch at both Nougatine room & Asiate. They are both around Columbus Circle and reservations are reccomended.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,641 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

For a real treat, nothing beats the Jean Georges lunch special. Two plate meal for $38 but includes some great amuse bouche and mignairdise. All set in a beautiful room.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

Le Bernardin

DB Bistro Moderne

21 Club

La Grenouille

are some other fine dining places with prix fixe menus in midtown.

9. Re: Most crowded restaurants for lunch in Midtown West Manhattan

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:17