We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Target Store

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Target Store

My first visit to NYC coming in May. I know it probably seems rather mundane but we do not have Target yet in my area, so I would like to shop at Target. I am staying at the San Carlos Hotel 150 East 50th Street, 10022. What would be the nearest Target store? Thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
kingston, ont
Level Contributor
129 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Target Store

Jersey City - it's a couple blocks north of the PATH Newport Station. You can get on the PATH at the 33rd St .

kingston, ont
Level Contributor
129 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Target Store

Jersey City - it's a couple blocks north of the PATH Newport Station. You can get on the PATH at the 33rd St .

Edited: 24 April 2013, 03:15
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,399 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Target Store

I would not go to Jersey to go to Target. First of all--it can take upwards of 1 hour, second of all you can not use an unlimited Metro card on the PATH system.

What I would do is go to the large Target at 8801 Queens Blvd. in Elmhurst. You would walk a few minutes to the M train at Lexington and 53rd and take it to Grand avenue and walk a few minutes to Target ( located in the round building) This way you are riding the NYC subway, your unlimited Metro card is valid AND it is taking you around 30 minutes!

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Target Store

I have been to that Jersey City Target, it's impressive but it's a real hike from the train.

The Elmhurst Target is a good idea. The Flushing Target is even better stocked and cleaner. For that one, take the #7 train from Grand Central to the end of the line at Main Street. If you do that in the afternoon, it's about 30 minutes by express train.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,000 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Target Store

Is the Target in Harlem not good? I haven't been but I wonder why no one is mentioning it. She could take a bus straight up 1st ave.

http://goo.gl/maps/WnIFV

http://www.yelp.com/biz/target-new-york

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Target Store

Thanks for all the information. Keep the suggestions coming if there are other ideas.

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Target Store

not sure what other info you need? Whiz already told you the nearest one :-)

Go to: www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores#…

Put in the hotel zip, and it'll show you map.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Target Store

The Target in Harlem is fine and it also has a best buy, a costco and a "green" Applebee's in the same complex and there is also a Target in Brooklyn by the Atlantic Avenue Stop (take the 6 to Grand Central and switch to the 4 or the 5 to Brooklyn

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,595 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Target Store

The Atlantic Avenue Target is, for some reason, always awful. The shelves look ransacked. It's post-apocalyptic Target.

10. Re: Target Store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:17