We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macy's discount

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Macy's discount

might be interesting to some:

…macys.com/cms/…

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macy's discount

I am always amazed at folks who spend there valuable tourist time paying for transportation to Woodbury Commons. There are lots of stores in NYC, and these often have sales.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,828 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macy's discount

don't be amazed Mel....you've got to understand we have nothing of the size or calibre of an outlet mall like Woodbury plus we pay a helluva lot more for everything here in Australia.

A trip to any one of the outlets in the USA is the most amazing experience for most aussie women (and some men)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Macy's discount

Re: #2

The issue for me is that a lot of the clothing sold in the outlets isn't of the same quality as clothing sold in department stores and regular retail stores. Some items are overstocks, yes, but it's more likely that you'll find irregulars, returns, and "made-for-outlet" (i.e. lower quality) merchandise. For the privilege of buying these items, you have to pay to spend hours on a bus when you could instead be exploring the city and buying sale merchandise at stores like Macy's that is both affordable and of high quality.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,828 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macy's discount

sashimini...speaking only for myself .....I do both ;-/

5. Re: Macy's discount

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:19