We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 18th April to 25th April 2013

Edward Yeldham
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 18th April to 25th April 2013

I thought I would post our itinery from recent trip as it might help people as I spent ages researching around on tripadvisor.

We arrived at JFK on Thu 18th April at around 1:30pm local time. Wasn't too bad getting through customs but they aren't very chatty.

We stayed at the Affinia Manhattan which is opposite Penn Stattion. We took the air train and Long Island Railroad (LIRR) from Jamaica to Penn which was very very easy and much cheaper than a cab or similar.

By the time got into Manhattan was 4ish so checked in and went for a wander, as Madison Sq Gdns opposite we looked to see what was on, tickets for the New York Rangers Ice Hockey! 2 tickets later we had first nights entertainment!

Top tip if going to a sports or arena event take your passport. My wife was 5 days from her 40th and I am 38. We were ID'd and my UK driving licence was not enough for a beer! As we had left passports in room we had to ask locals to buy us a drink!

Friday - First Full Day.

Breakfast at Fresh and Go then walked down 7th Avenue to Wall Street. Walked around the sights, went to 9/11 Memorial, Staten Island Ferry back and forth to see the Statue of Liberty then walked back to hotel via couple of bars and some dinner.

Saturday

Morning we went up Top of the Rock (no queues) and then caught a subway from Grand Central to Flushing to see the Mets game Saturday afternoon. Back into NYC after the game, back up the Rock for sunset views and then walk back to hotel.

Sunday

Early start, flights from JFK to Buffalo to see Niagara Falls. We booked own flights and arranged pick up at Airport and tour with Over the Falls Tours. Very good see seperate review.

Monday

Tired, Circle Line Cruise round Manhattan and then walk down the HIgh Line and Greenwich. Really recommend High Line.

Tuesday

Empire State Building first thing then onto the MOMA (it's shut on Tuesdays!). Instead we went off to Central Park and walked round there which was lovely.

Wednesday

Subway to Museum of Natural American History and then onto the MOMA (open this time)

Thursday

Last day so just some shopping before we packed our beds and transferred to the airport.

Will post reviews of the places we had a drink and food seperatly. Hope it helps some.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 18th April to 25th April 2013

Sounds like a good time- The Rangers may have a chance at the cup this year we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Glad you enjoyed NYC!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 18th April to 25th April 2013

Feels like a nice relaxing trip, thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward on reading your Niagra falls report

Perth
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 18th April to 25th April 2013

Great report. So looking forward to doing some of the same things - including Niagara! :)

Level Contributor
2,447 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 18th April to 25th April 2013

Wow you sure did a lot in a few days. Thanks for posting the trip report.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
607 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 18th April to 25th April 2013

Dear Honeymoon_ed,

You have a great report, we can learn a lot!

However, may we know what is "High Line" and "MOMA"

6. Re: Trip Report 18th April to 25th April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 06:16