We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Gardner, Kansas
Level Contributor
142 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Hi, I am getting married this month at City Hall in NYC and am trying to figure out where we should have dinner afterward. It will just be me and my fiance and we would like to spend not much more than $100, although that is not a strict budget. We are staying at the Omni Hotel, 21 East 52nd St. It would be nice if the restaurant is close by, but not required. We just want to go someplace with good food and a romantic atmosphere and aren't sure what the best place would be. We also would like to go on a carriage ride through Central Park, so something near Central Park might be a good location as well. We are not extremely adventurous food-wise (so probably nothing super exotic). We do really love cheesecake, and being in New York, it seems appropriate, so a place with amazing cheesecake might be another idea. Thanks for any help.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Would honestly skip the carriage ride-not good value, you don't see a lot of the park and the horses in my view could be treated better

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

After dinner buy a cheese cake to take back to your room from the Carnegie Deli. The baker is the son of the guy who used to make the Cheesecake at my hometown diner - The Claremont diner - when I was a kid. Between your wedding and dinner, if you are all dressed up go to Mme Tussaud's and take some fun pictures among all the famous Wax figures -- then head to Top of the Rock at Sunset and yes skip the Carriage Ride.

Enjoy! Congratulations!

…typepad.com/explorenyc/…a-quiet-wedding.html

Tipton, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Hi we got married at city hall in March just the two of us and we ate at Keens Steakhouse on W34th st between 5&6th avenues, beautiful food, lovely decor, fantastic service really couldn't fault it. The waiter asked if we'd had a good day and we mentioned we had gotten married they day and he brought us over a free glass of champagne to celebrate, lovely touch. x

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Is the $100 budget for the two of you?

Gardner, Kansas
Level Contributor
142 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Yes, the $100 would be for the two of us, but we could go higher. It is more important to us to go to a nice restaurant than that we keep it at $100. We don't want to be at an Applebees-type place, but we don't need the finest dining in the city either, if that makes sense.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,856 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Can you get married in the morning then go for lunch at Bouley? Their prix-fixe lunch looks unbelievable and it's walking distance from City Hall. I'm not sure if you'd find the food too adventurous, but it's your wedding day and this place looks very romantic and special (I've never personally been - yet).

Gardner, Kansas
Level Contributor
142 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

We could do a very early dinner, but that's about it as we have already made appointmetns with a photographer and a hair/makeup stylist. I just took a quick peek at their website and Bouley does look really nice. I'll have to look a little further at the food. Thanks for the suggestion!

Keens looks great too. That might be a little more up our alley, food-wise. I also love the suggestion of getting the cheesecake and going to Madame Tussauds! Too fun!

nyc
Level Contributor
512 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Look into jojo. It is about 10 blocks away from your hotel and you could detour through central park. It's so romantic in an old world way, great food and an early dinner special that is a very reasonable.

Level Contributor
351 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

Bouley is about a 10 minute walk from City Hall in a fairly quiet residential neighborhood. The room is very romantic, the food is michelin starred and with a prix fixe, you'll know where you stand. The style of food is french but probably no cheesecake but there are plenty of places near your hotel than can supply some for takeout to take back to your room. In general, most NY cheesecake tastes about the same.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic restaurant for post-wedding dinner

With a $100 budget, I didn't think there were decent options for the OP and her occasion. JoJo is a really great option!